Tuesday, June 12, 2007

Week 1, Thing 2: Pointers from Life Long Learners

O.k., well, I suppose the easiest technique on this list (for me, anyway) is to begin with the end. I find myself to be very goal oriented, almost to a fault sometimes. By that, I mean that at times I can get so focused on the end result, I fail to appreciate the process. As my wife says, "It's all about the process." I think she's talking about life when she says that, but I suppose it applies to pretty much everything.

In terms of the most difficult, I'd have to say that I have trouble creating my own tool box. Sometimes I feel that I have so many things running through my head, I don't allow myself the chance to stop and mentally file away a good technique or a useful resource. So I end up going through the same hoops when I'm faced with a familiar problem.

So, there you go.

E-Mail to myself:
This was a pretty helpful exercise. It was interesting to think about these 7 and 1/2 habits and how they might apply to myself at work (or in other situations). Easy to follow and easy to understand. All said, it was enlightening to do a little self-discovery. Nice resource.

No comments: