Monday, June 25, 2007

Week 4, Thing 8: Learn About RSS Feeds

Well, this was pretty cool. I went to Bloglines and set up an account. This will be an interesting experiment to see how I like the RSS feed as compared to a standard newspaper site. I've some pretty interesting feeds, I think:
*Daily Show Videos
*Guardian Unlimited
*National Geographic News
*Scientific American
*Library Journal News
and many more feeds beyond that!

I'll have to report later once I've given this some time to try out.

O.k. It's a few days since I first started playing around with RSS, and I have to say that I really enjoy it. Or more specifically, I like the fact that I can get news articles with such ease. It took me awhile to figure out that if I wanted an article to say, I had to actively put a "check" by it. This was frustrating at first, but know it makes sense. If I didn't want to read an article the first time I visited the feed, why would I want it there the next time? Answer: I wouldn't. So that turned out to be pretty cool.

No comments: