Wednesday, July 25, 2007

Week 8, Thing 19: Web 2.0 Award Sites

And this site was sweet, too.

Goodness, all the great sites. So hard to choose. The award site could be additive. I finally had to cut myself off. I said, "Bryan, enough! Get back to your blog and post your findings."

And yes, that's what I'm doing. But when I'm done I may have to go back and check out a few more sites.

Let's see...two worth mentioning?

Under Fun Stuff, the winner was Cocktail Builder. Wicked cool. It's pretty self-descriptive. You can type in an ingredient, and it'll give you suggestions. You can type in a drink, and it'll give you the ingredients. Again I say, "sweet." (And remember, kids - drink responsibly.)

Odeo was cool, too. Crazy amounts of pod casts. And they were a bunch on comics. Right up my alley!

And the site itself was so easy to use. Easy descriptions, quick links. Great.

And yeah, I could see it being used in a library setting. A customer comes in a wants to know about publishing a book? Show them Lulu. If they're sceptical, use the Wec 2.0 Award as a reference. Or, a customer wants to check on stocks, but doesn't like Morningstar? Show them InstantBull, also a Web 2.0 winner. I think it would be a great resource for both librarians and customers.

No comments: