Wednesday, August 1, 2007

Extra "Thing": Why I Think 23 Things is Important

Question: Why it’s valuable to you, to Maryland libraries, to the library profession—whatever you think the significance is.

I feel like this has truly been a learning experience. A cliche, yes, but I honestly feel that I'm much more knowledable about technology than I was 9 weeks ago. And I thought that I was pretty tech-savy. Little did I know that I had much more to learn and experience.

This sort of program is very important to libraries in general as technology continues to grow and expand exponentially. Libraries obviously are no longer "warehouses for books." They serve a much more dynamic purpose as a meeting place, a "third space," a tech. place, etc. And if libraries are going to continue to fill this tech. niche for the community, the staff needs to be away of the new and exciting things coming out every day.

2 comments:

Gail Griffith said...

Bryan, I have enjoyed your blog! And I think you really 'get it' about what libraries and librarians need to do in order to meet the customer. Nice job!

Anonymous said...

Hello. This post is likeable, and your blog is very interesting, congratulations :-). I will add in my blogroll =). If possible gives a last there on my blog, it is about the TV Digital, I hope you enjoy. The address is http://tv-digital-brasil.blogspot.com. A hug.