Wednesday, August 1, 2007

Week 9, Thing 21: Finding Podcasts

I looked around through Podcast.net and found some interesting Podcasts. It was a pretty easy site to navigate. I found that I could find things either by clicking on a category or by putting in a keyword. I found a neat podcast called Social Science Books. I added that one to by BlogLines.

These directories can be useful, I think, as a sort of news/information resource. I feel like it's kind of like listening to NPR in the morning. After listening, you can usually come away with something useful (or entertaining).

The one thing I did wonder, though, was that a lot of the Podcasts I found ended on December 5th, 2006. Why is that the last entry for so many Podcasts? Or, maybe I'm missing something. Something to explore further, I think.

--later--
As I looked at the Social Science Books feed on my Bloglines, I see that there are very recent feeds. So, maybe the December 5th, 2006 date I keep seeing is just a function of the Podcast.net directory. I was worried that the podcast was out of date or no longer in service. But it's still going, so that December date must be arbitrary.

No comments: